brightonSouth Downs Explorer Tour
If you’re comfortable on a mountain bike then our South Downs Tours are a great way to see more of this famous National Park.
Our Explorer tour can be booked as a full or half day ride and takes in some of the best riding spots and viewpoints of the South Downs National Park.
We’ll take in part of the famous South Downs Way and explore some of our favourite spots in this historic National Park.
Full day rides will cover 25 - 30km depending on the ability of the group so you should be comfortable riding a bike over this distance. Half day rides will be around 15km.
bookFull day rides include a stop for lunch. Half days can be organised to finish with a pub lunch.
Equipment NeededItems in bold are mandatory.
If you’re unsure of any of the items below please contact us prior to your ride.
- Mountain bike (available to hire*) - front suspension recommended
- Helmet (available to hire*)
- Suitable shoes and clothing for the weather and time of year - layers are a great way to stay comfortable throughout the ride. If there is a chance of rain please make sure you have a waterproof jacket.
- Water Bottle
- Snack - flapjacks, fruit, cereal bars are all good options but bring something that suits you
- Lunch - full day tours will include a stop for lunch, this is usually at a local pub but occasionally packed lunches are required. Please let us know if you have a preference when booking.
*hire available from our hire partner, Cycle Brighton.